Monday, December 30, 2013

So That Was Christmas In KL (2013)!

Christmas in KL. 

Never have I thought it would have that nice. But well, I'm wrong. And well.. how glad I am. 

I find this year's Xmas deco even nicer than last year's! 


Here is the compilation of the decorations of the malls around KL (that I think are worth mentioning :P)

1. 1 Utama 


The first mall which decorations I saw.. and fell truly in love with. It's a small space but it felt so... magical. Yes, the feeling of Xmas was so high just walking through the hot air balloons!!



2. Pavilion Kuala Lumpur


It's a LINE Christmas in Pavilion this year with the characters Moon, Brown and Cony being constructed at the main entrance and the highest level. And it's this that made me travel to this mall - just so that I can take photos with them! (awwwwwww... hehee)





The concourse area of Pavilion was a lil different though (ie no Line characters) but like always - a very good Christmas feel to it. I love the carousel that was set up..!!



3. Suria KLCC


Pretty safe (again) but thanks to the big bear - that kinda made a difference for me, at least! And yes, I'm so glad I managed to take a pic "with the bear"!!


4. Paradigm Mall


Talking bout big bears, I think Paradigm did well with its bear theme Christmas. There was a huge bear at the mall too!

As you can see, it was huggable alright! Hehe!


5. Mid Valley Megamall


A "white" Christmas - which I felt was a lil into the Chinese New Year mood. Not the most impressive when compared to the other major malls. But one thing that I like bout here - the extra booths that were set up along the aisles.


The shops and their products surely made up for the Xmas mood :) (err.. yeah, the teddy bears helped!).

6. Avenue K


Like since when did Avenue K ever was a mall to shop? I guess this whole mall revamp came pretty well... and it was topped with a unique set of decorations which was rather different.

This is another one of the malls that I visited - well just to take this Xmas shot!

7. Bangsar Shopping Centre


Another rather unusual idea - with such a big dining table at the concourse! Can you see how tiny the shopper is? Oh and how big the turkey is hahaha!

8. IPC Shopping Centre


I didn't expect much from this mall, but the overseas feel they did this year was pretty nice for that one shot. Add with a bit of "snow".. and well, you might just think I was in somewhere else!


*The malls I didn't review - Sunway Pyramid (was rushing for a movie when I was there), The Curve (didn't think that it was that fantastic), Berjaya Times Square (okay, I hardly visit this mall) and maybe some other neighbourhood malls. But still, I think I have visited (and covered) the best that KL had to offer this Christmas 2013!!


Btw, hope you had a Merry Christmas.. and here's wishing you a Happy New Year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)